Ah, a year and a half later and it feels so good!
(Come visit my other blog for more info!)
Why do a challenge now, you may ask, after all this time? Well a few reasons:
- We are heading into the best time of year for eating locally here in the midwest and I’m feeling inspired again by all the farmers and farm fresh food around
- I was listening to a show on the radio about running out of oil and alternative fuel sources and I started thinking about how hard it will be to get fresh food (some time in the future) when shipping food becomes prohibitive. What a great time to learn about all your local sources! Or grow your own!!
- In the last year and a half i’ve been asked more than a handful of times ‘when are you going to do that challenge again?’
- Most importantly: I miss all of you and your good food and your awesome photos of good food and of your cute selves.
So let’s get it going again.
Official start date: August 15th
It will run for 4 weeks and the basics are the same:
- Prepare one meal per week made up COMPLETELY from local ingredients
- At the end of that week send in a photo and little write up of your meal including where the food came from and any other little tidbits you’d like to share
There is no prize for this challenge – just the enjoyment of good food shared with others.
Here are the rest of the rules
What do you say? Want in?
To official sign up send me an email (email@example.com) with your name and location (and if you have a blog, send the link).