Ah, August. August was a good month for fun. I had started to get worried there, back in July, that some of the items on my list were just not going to happen. Then a fun trip with friends who were game to helping me live from my list changed all that. Not just cross items off, but really enjoy the things I’d hoped to do this year.
So August came along and here’s what happened:
- #14 – I took a Cooking Class
- # 7 – I added dinner party #3 to my goal of having 4 seasonal dinner parties
- #31 - I learned to swim with my face in the water. And am still practicing
- #1 – I tried paddleboarding
- #40 – I helped someone else reach a goal (see paddleboarding)
- #11 – I watched the sunset while on a boogie board floating in Lake Michigan
- #35 – I went swimming at night
- #34 – I learned how to roast a chicken, and I didn’t freak out. but I still don’t like it
I also read a few books
#20 – Read 40 books. I’ve completed 25. With 15 to go, that means about 4 books a month. Doable!
This really was extraordinary. I agree, New York Times
meh. this was kind of not worth reading. luckily it was easy enough to read in one day.
I lovely story about art and family told against the backdrop of the aids epidemic of the late 80s
this dude was cyberstalked! the internet contains stalkers you can never get away from.
The author’s tale of losing her identical twin sister to a drug overdose. lovely and sad
Hogwarts for the college set! Magic and drugs and love and betrayal and also dorm food.
#3 - Eat or Drink 10 things I’ve never tried before (8 of 10 complete!)
Ketchup chips, dude. Go to Canada. Try them.
Three days into September. Looking at my list I’m realizing that there are a few of things that are either just not going to happen, or I no longer think I want to do that much. The two least likely to be completed at this point are #22 – Go camping or glamping (I mean I don’t even have a tent); and #28 – Go fishing (I MEAN, I don’t have a fishing pole or worms). So I’m likely to swap these out in the next coupe of days for other goals I might like to try to complete before the end of the year. Some contenders:
- Submit a short story to a literary magazine
- Swim from my beach to the next closest one…
That’s all I’ve got so far! Taking recommendations…especially if you’d like to join me!